Sunday, December 26, 2010

Texas Country Music!

In honor of Country Strong coming out in theaters Jan. 7, 2011, I've dedicated this post to country music!



I'm sure all my fellow southerners listen to country music and I do as well, but I especially LOVE Texas country music; it's an entirely different genre down here in Texas. Austin is the live music capital of the world, which is reason no. 1 why Austin is my favorite city in Texas. I started on my Texas country music journey listening to Pat Green about 10 years ago. From there I fell in love with Aaron Watson, Randy Rogers Band, Wade Bowen and Josh Abbott Band just to name a few. 

This kind of music is also called 'red dirt' music as well as Texas country because EVERY artist hails from the lone star state; mostly from the Texas hill country like Randy Rogers Band. 

I've compiled 2 lists made up of the essentials and my favorites; this took some time since there are so many amazing songs/artists to choose from! 


The essentials
Aaron Watson  "Shut up and Dance"
Wade Bowen "Who I am"
(This sums up the greatness of Texas Country music & Wade Bowen <3 )

Randy Rogers Band  "Can't Slow Down"
Pat Green "Baby doll"
Randy Rogers Band "Like it used to be"
Wade Bowen "Lay it all on you"
Aaron Watson "Off the record"
Randy Rogers Band "Lost and Found"
Wade Bowen "Trouble"
Reckless Kelly "Break my heart tonight"
Randy Rogers Band "Buy Myself a chance"

The Favorites
 Randy Rogers Band "In my arms instead"
Aaron Watson "Reckless"
Jason Boland & the Stragglers "Tulsa Time"

Honeybrowne "Texas Angel"
Pat Green "Let Me"
Aaron Watson "Hearts are breaking across Texas" 
Wade Bowen "Mood Ring"
 Josh Abbott Band "She's like Texas"

Pat Green "Wave on Wave"
Stoney LaRue "Oklahoma breakdown" 
Reckless Kelly "1952 Vincent Black Lightning"
Brandon Rhyder "Let the good times roll"
Bleu Edmondson "$50 Dollars and a Flask of Crown"
Cody Johnson Band "Texas kind of way"

Famous Texas dance halls & music venues
*Gruene Hall, New Braunfels -oldest dance hall in Texas 
*Billy Bob's Texas, Fort Worth -world's largest Honky tonk
*Whitewater Amphitheatre, New Braunfels
*Nutty Brown cafe & Amphitheatre, Austin

I hope y'all enjoy this post and feel free to let me know your favorite music! I love learning about new artists and would be glad to hear your feedback. 

xoxo
-ash <3

No comments:

Post a Comment