Thursday, December 23, 2010

My favorite Christmas present

Everyone has one. My favorite Christmas present was my American girl doll Samantha.
I was 10 and she was the perfect Christmas present. I got accessories, outfits, and a couple of the sets for her as well. My 11 year old niece got an American girl doll last year for Christmas (at my suggestion to her mother) and I was immediately brought back to my childhood.
(I still have mine that I'm saving for my little girl!)

Back in '95 there were only 3 American girl dolls: Felicity, Samantha & Molly. 
Samantha has since been retired.. so sad.

Each doll was from a different period in history; Felicity was colonial, Samantha was victorian, and Molly was the most modern growing up during World War II.









My mom taught me to sew and I would always make clothes for my Amercian girl. I received outfits and accessories for her as birthday and Christmas gifts, but I still loved making an outfit on my own --they were always such fun projects!

What was your favorite childhood Christmas gift?


xoxo
-ash <3

No comments:

Post a Comment